The Health Resources and Services Administration HIV/AIDS Bureau together with the National Quality Center (NQC) have teamed up on a national retention campaign like no other; a campaign where you can have an immediate impact over the health and well-being of your HIV patients. The in+care Campaign focuses on the simple idea that when patients stay in care they get the services that they need, leading to healthier people and stronger communities.
The in+care Campaign is designed to facilitate local, regional and state-level efforts to retain more HIV patients in care and to prevent HIV patients falling out of care while building and sustaining a community of learners among Ryan White providers. Leading clinical experts and researchers, quality improvement professionals, key stakeholders, and recipients of Ryan White are all involved.
Retention in care has been identified as a critical challenge for HIV providers across the country and aligns with local, regional HIV policies as well as the National HIV/AIDS Strategy. The in+care Campaign has the potential to impact a significant number of people living with HIV/AIDS across the country receiving Ryan White HIV/AIDS services, and to improve their overall health outcomes.
The Campaign framework is as follows:
• participation in the Campaign is voluntary and Ryan White grantees across all funding streams and sub-grantees are invited to join
• participating agencies enroll for a 12-month commitment
• routine reporting of performance data on up to 4 uniform Campaign-related measures
• routine submission of a simple progress report to highlight improvement strategies and challenges
• monthly webinars provide content expertise and promote peer sharing
• routine retention journal clubs by renowned researchers to review recent publications
• participating agencies have access to coaches for support
• regional/local meetings of Campaign participants are held with the help of Quality Champions, where possible
• content-specific affinity group webinars/Study Groups are conducted and facilitated by peer providers
• consumer are involved as partners in this Campaign
More information on the Campaign and how to get involved can be found on the Campaign website at www.incareCampaign.org. If you are looking for a way to make a greater difference in the lives of your patients here is your chance. Join us. Join our community of learners.